Monday, April 2, 2012

A Life Lost

 Author's note: I just wanted to play with word choice a little so this really isn't a story but just kind of a scene.

The sun was setting quicker than the speed of light itself. I knew this was because of what lay ahead, nowhere I could run to, nowhere I could hide.  My heart is a tree struck by lightning, longing to be fixed but far beyond repair.  I wait, with hopeless thoughts, for the fog to come and carry me away.  I see the sky begin to darken and the fog begin to form.  I feel the rain begin to fall and the wind begin to blow.  All of a sudden, it stops. Everything at the same time.  The rain, the wind, the fog, the darkness, and then, my heart.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! This class really DOES make people write more twisted stories. I remember reading the tea pot piece and thinking how happy it was. Anyway, this is a really thought provoking piece. It balances real emotions with unrealistic events really well.

    ReplyDelete